Watch Cedar do a hive split
Splitting your hive is a great way to turn one bee colony into two.
If you’re feeling unsure of doing a hive split, or just after an alternative point of view, watch the video below as Cedar explains the approach he takes to do an even split (and why) at Flow HQ.
Cedar gives tips on:
- Getting two hives from one beehive
- The best time split a hive
- Not upsetting your bees’ GPS locator
- Getting your colony to raise a new queen
- Respecting the order that your bees like to arrange their eggs
And much more...